Menu

How to Reduce Your Website’s Bounce Rate

Bounce rate can be simply described as the rate at which the users of the website are not crawling to next page on the same website. For example, if the bounce rate is 70%, then it is that only 30% of the users are crawling to any other page of your website and the rest 70% are leaving from the page which they have entered.

The reason for discussing bounce rate is, it is one of the important factors that help to improve your website’s performance and attracts the users to return to your website. Low bounce rate indicates more page views which is an indication of quality content and also results in good Adsense income.

Now, here are some important tips that help you to decrease the bounce rate of your website.

Bounce rate reduction tips

Bounce rate reduction tips

1. Use a lite theme which loads quickly not giving any trouble to the user, thereby improving the chances of user to crawl more pages.

2. Title or Headline : Try to keep a catchy headline. It attracts the users quicker and tempts them to read the article.

3. Quality Content : It is a must thing for every blogger to write quality content in each and every article to impress the users reading it.

4. The Narration : Most people try to provide their best in writing an article, but they miss in taking care of the narration part. Even though the content is of good quality, people find boring or not interested in reading the article which is because the information isn’t in an order. So, try to narrate in a step by step process. Highlight the phrases which you want to stress on.

5. Use Of Sidebars on Home Page : Generally, there will be few users who go to the home page after reading a post. By keeping the sidebars that display some interesting news and latest news, there are more chances that a user tends to crawl to several pages from the home page.

6. The Related Posts : The most important thing every site owner or administrator should take care of is, the Related posts that display below the post. Because, every user who completes reading an article is advised with related posts and if you can provide him with related popular and interesting posts, then there are 100% chances that the user will crawl to another page from that related posts.

It is always a better choice to display the same category posts as the user has been reading the post related to that category and may be interested in few related topics on the category.

Bounce Rate Lower

Bounce Rate Lower

7. Internal Linking : Internal linking is a part of self promoting the content of the website. Always try to include at least 2 links that follows your site itself and also direct the user to a separate page with a simple statement.

8. Use of Images : Try not to use complex images or copied images which reduces your website’s reputation. Also, try to include images that depict a pictorial representation of what you are trying to explain through your articles. This makes the user to understand the theme quickly and effortlessly. And sometimes, the featured image also attracts the users to your blog.

9. Use of a Responsive theme : A Responsive theme is a theme that automatically converts or transforms into a compatible view when viewed on mobile devices or tablets or simply different screen sizes. This reduces the effort of user in viewing the content through different devices.

10. Ad placement : Generally, in order to get more income, owners of the websites place too many ads on a single page or post. Doing so will ruin the user’s interest in reading the article and there is also a possibility that your Adsense may get banned. However, the owner of the site receives a mail about the limit of ads placed on a page.

Those are some good tips which yield maximum results when implemented.

Leave a Reply